Robin F. Hazel, Esq.
Ms. Hazel serves as Of Counsel to the firm. Her practice consists of appeals and litigation support in both state and federal court. Ms. Hazel handles appeals in diverse areas of law including contract law, real estate, land use, bankruptcy, foreclosure, trademark infringement, labor and employment, construction law, and criminal law.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Hazel was a Senior Associate with Ruden McClosky P.A. n/k/a Greenspoon Marder P.A. There, she represented clients in appellate and litigation matters in state and federal courts and provided litigation support to the members of the litigation department.
Ms. Hazel was formerly an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Florida where she represented the State of Florida in more than eighty (80) appellate matters in state courts as well as the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Ms. Hazel also has presented more than a dozen oral arguments before Florida’s District Courts of Appeal, which have resulted in numerous published opinions.
Ms. Hazel is actively involved in various voluntary bar associations including the Dade County Bar Association, Broward County Bar Association, Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association, and the Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association.
While in law school, Ms. Hazel was Co-Chair of the UCLA Chapter of the Black Law Students Association. She also competed in moot court and mock trial competitions and was the national champion of the Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition.
- The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyers Association, Vice President
- Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law – Juris Doctor, 2004
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, 2001